Over 170 philanthropists took part in the 10th Rotary Club of Madras Merchants and Bankers Golf Tournament presented by Omega Healthcare and Hindu Businessline. The team of Saggezza represented by Iqbal Sait and Ravi Katari were the Champions for the Golf Tournament held at Taj Coromandel. Team MRF - Jacob Kurian and Sameer Mammen finished as runners up.
The contested round was played in two sessions, morning tee off at 6.45 am and afternoon tee off at 12.30 pm. K.Sunder with 70.8 Single Peoria Nett Score went home with the overall winner’s trophy. Salim Thomas finished runner up with 71 while Hong Sunki was the overall Ladies winner. Sumanth Subramaniam won the Handicap Category 0-15 title ahead of Arun Murugappan who finished as the runner up. The Handicap Category 16 & above was won by H.K. Krishnamurthy followed by Unni.
The Rotarians carved a separate category to compete amongst themselves and Ishwar Achanta earned the bragging rights over his fellow Brethren after totaling 74 Single Peoria Nett Score. The runner up place was occupied by Dr. Rajan. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the golf event, a special prize was awarded to the overall 10th place finisher Dr. Ravi Santosham.
- AVM Productions Overall Longest DriveWinner:Arun Murugappan
- EmmJay Financial Ventures Closest to the PinWinner:A Louis Daniel
- Ladies Winner: Hong Sunki
- 10th Position Winner: Dr. Ravi Santosham
- 16 & above Category Runner-up: Unni (72.6 Single Peoria Nett Score)
- 16 & above Category Winner: H.K. Krishnamurthy (72.4 Single Peoria Nett Score)
- 0 -15 Category Runner-up: Arun Murugappan (73.4 Single Peoria Nett Score)
- 0-15 Category Winner: Sumanth Subramaniam (72 Single Peoria Nett Score)
- Rotarian Runner-up: Dr. Rajan K (74 Single Peoria Nett Score)
- Rotarian Winner: Ishwar Achanta (74 Single Peoria Nett Score)
- Overall Runner-up : Salim Thomas (71 Single Peoria Nett Score)
- Overall Winner: K.Sunder (70.8 Single Peoria Nett Score)
- Corporate Runner Up Team: Jacob Kurian and Sameer Mammen( Team MRF)
- Corporate Winning Team: Iqbal Sait and Ravi Katari (Team Saggezza)
For 10 years, Rotary Club of Madras has used the medium of Golf to raise funds for its various projects and having acquired the Merchants and Bankers tag, the Club seeks to emulate the efforts of its brethren, worldwide in raising substantial sums of money to plough back into society.
The funds that are raised from this event will be used towards the Club’s ongoing projects, which include New School Buildings and Education Scholarship Programs, New Building for Women Empowerment Centre at Sembakkam, Vocational Training Programs at Selaiyur, Sembakkam and Gummidipoondi, Water and Sanitation Projects amongst others.